Guidelines for organizers of thematic and focus programs at the Fields Institute
This page describes the steps that organizers of thematic and focus programs supported by the Fields Institute should take to access the resources available to them.
All programs should have pages hosted by the Fields Institute. A stub page for the program is created as soon as the program is approved by the Fields Institute's Board of Directors, showing the program description, summary of the main events, and organizing committee. Pages for individual events are created as soon as confirmed dates are provided by the organizers.
Program organizers should provide confirmed dates for workshops, schools, and other scheduled program events to the Manager of Scientific Programs at least 9 months prior to the start of the program.
Finances for programs are always administered by the Fields Institute. Accordingly, Fields will provide assistance with the following items.
- Budgeting: the Manager of Scientific Programs will work with organizers to draw up a budget for the program and each individual event.
- Income: Income may include Fields Institute support, sponsorships, external grants and registration fees. The Manager of Scientific Programs can assist organizers to transfer funding from other funding sources to the Fields Institute. If there is a surplus after a specific event, the surplus can be forwarded to the organizers only if there is an explicit prior agreement between Fields and the organizers to cover expenses for future instances of the same event, such as the next instalment of a series of conferences already planned. Otherwise, the Fields Institute will retain the funds in lieu of overhead costs.
- Expenses: Expenses consist of visitor support and workshop overhead costs, such as catering, receptions, excursion, printing, mail outs, etc. Fields will send a letter of invitation indicating financial support to the visitors and will process their expense reimbursements. Similarly, Fields will pay all overhead expenses directly.
The Fields Institute can handle online registration for thematic and focus programs and related events.
The Manager of Scientific Programs will discuss several aspects of registratition with the organizers. These include, for example, whether or not there will be a cost for registration, discounted rates for students, and other items such as banquet or excursion fees. Fields registration forms generally allow very little customization--it may not be possible to add new items to the form.
It takes two to three weeks, from date of confirmation, for the Fields Institute to setup a registration form for which fees (registration or otherwise) are being collected.
There is a 3% charge by the Fields Institute on all income received through registration fees to cover processing costs.
The registered participant list is part of the information displayed on the event page and is updated regularly.
Online registration normally closes a few days before an event to allow time for event materials to be prepared. After this date, participants are welcome to register on-site on the first day of the event.
Please visit this page for a description of the different postdoctoral fellowships offered by the Fields Institute.
A standard workshop lasts five days from Monday to Friday and has about twenty talks (four per day, with a free afternoon on Wednesday). One of the Fields Institute goals is to encourage a "workshop'' atmosphere where participants can interact rather than merely sit and listen to lectures.
The Fields Institute can be staffed during its hours of operation, which are Monday to Friday, 9 am-5 pm. Staffing is also available one evening during an event if a reception is planned. Event organizers can be given keys to the building if they wish to use the facilities after hours. The Institute is closed on Sundays.
Event Catering and Entertainment
Morning coffee and afternoon tea breaks will be arranged for by the Program Coordinator for your event, please note that the regular Fields Institute tea break is at 3 pm each day.
Catering, hosted receptions, dinners, luncheons or excursions may only be arranged for on a cost recovery basis supported by registration fees or sponsorship. As it is necessary to budget the cost of these items please discuss this option with the Program Manager before registration for your event is open.
Event packages can be prepared by Fields for each event participant. Event packages may include:
- Event program
- List of participants
- Name tags
The Fields Institute can produce program and event posters in consultation with organizers and also arrange for hard and soft copy distribution to relevant national and international institutions in the Fields Institute database.
A particular format is used to produce and distribute posters through Fields channels to the many constituencies with which we work. Organizers are welcome to create and distribute their own posters, but only posters produced by Fields will be distributed or promoted through Fields Institute channels.
Parallel to poster distribution, Fields also send out mailer announcements to individuals and institutions subscribed to the Institute's mailing list.
The Fields Institute logo should appear on all event materials. Digital copies of the Institute's logo are available for download in various formats here.
Recording and Livestreaming
Events held at Fields can have video live-streaming and recording of the talks that occur during the event using our FieldsLive system.
奇领yy6080影院八佰奇领yy6080影院八佰,女帝被海军在胸部注射药物女帝被海军在胸部注射药物,妻子的付出小说的说说大全妻子的付出小说的说说大全By default, we try to encourage organizers/speakers to take advantage of the FieldsLive streaming services, which include being publicly accessible in Fields' online video archive -- but this is certainly left at the discretion of individual organizers/speakers.
Applications for Funding Support
Fields can set up an online funding request form for students or other participants. A funding requests list is then shared with event organizers.
It is standard for Fields Institute visitors to make and pay for their own housing arrangements. The Fields Institute housing resource page offers resources to Fields Institute members and visitors requiring housing.
Manager of Scientific Programs
Event organizers will first work with the Manager of Scientific Programs, to arrange a date for the event, prepare a budget, discuss the funding of invited participants and set-up the event webpage and registration details. The Manager of Scientific Programs will maintain the budget for the event. After the event, the Manager of Scientific Programs will receive the financial report for events that used Fields Institute financial support as part of funds administered by another institution.
After preliminary planning is in place, the event will be coordinated by a Fields Institute Program Coordinator to finalize event details, record registrations, update the website, event scheduling, day to day running of the event, communication with participants, prepare all event materials and arrange for catering. During the event, the Program Coordinator will provide information regarding expense reimbursements and assist with equipment for speakers and with the recording of talks. After the event, the Program Coordinator will receive Reimbursement Claim Forms from participants offered financial support.
12-9 months before the program
- Dates of all events set with Fields Manager of Scientific Programs
- Event organizers must provide an outline of each event to Manager for web page. This information should include the title of the event, the names of organizers, an overview of the main topics or focus of the event and a preliminary list of invited speakers where applicable.
- Manager of Scientific Programs will draw-up preliminary budgets with organizers.
- Event organizers must provide names and addresses of funded participants/speaker to Manager of Scientific Programs. Official invitations sent from Fields to funded participants/speakers.
- Event organizers to provide Program Manager with mailing list to advertise event where available.
4 months before the program
- Registration pages set up through Fields on event web page. Fields Program Coordinator will maintain list of registrants for the program and for each even, and process any registration fees.
2 months before each event
- Organizer must provided to Program Coordinator a speaker list with contact information. The Program Coordinator will solicit abstracts for the Program Booklet.
1 month before each event
- All speaker abstracts must be received by Program Coordinator.
2 weeks before each event
- Organizers to finalize and proof event schedule with Program Coordinator
2-4 weeks after the program
- Scientific report submitted to the Manager of Scientific Programs for the Fields Annual Report and Newsletter
If you’ve received funding from the Fields Institute, we want you to share this news. An acknowledgement of our support is a testament to the calibre of your work, and helps us demonstrate the value of mathematics research to the scientific community, funding agencies, and the general public. Acknowledgement guidelines can be found here.